Theater Play Unboxing Alice. 5th & 6th Grade. School Year 2019-2020
On the 28th of January, 5th and 6th Graders went to AFundación to see the play Unboxing Alice in English.
The OnStage Company made a new version of the children´s classic Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. They did an amazing work of art by incorporating the classic work into the contemporary 21st century technological world. They revived the old classic by bringing it closer to home by using the online video streaming platform YouTube to tell the story.
Both students and teachers had an interesting and fun time!!!
The Most Amazing National Parks on Earth English Project
In this exciting project, you and your partner will be researching a National Park. There will be several components to this project which you will be completing along with your partner.
You and your partner will have to pick a National Park to research. A list of National Parks will be provided for you.
You and your partner will have to find the following:
- When was it opened?
- Where is it located?
- What is it famous for? (Natural Features).
- Things to do.
- Why should someone visit this park?
- Five other miscellaneous facts on the park.
Create an attractive BROCHURE and a creative PowerPoint with the following title: “The Most Amazing Natural Parks on Earth” and then the name of the Natural Park you have chosen to research about and the country name where it is located.
* Do not forget to have a good layout of the brochure. You must include pictures, drawings and decorative elements.
* You must make a PowerPoint Presentation enjoyable and interesting to order to convince people to visit the Park.
3. Include all of the following information about the chosen country in your Project:
- Introduce yourself and the National Park you will be trying to make people try to visit.
- Give the basic facts of your national park-when was it opened, and where is it located.
- Tell what your national park is most famous for.
- Tell why someone should visit your national park. This is where you are really trying to “sell” or convince someone to come to the park you are researching. What does your park have to offer? What is special and unique about your park?
- Closing-Sign off, and tell people where they can more information on your park.
4. Present your Project to the class on the assigned due date.
For the Oral Presentation you must:
- Be completely prepared for your speech. Try to learn the whole contents of your project by heart.
- Pronounce all the words accurately. Remember to refer to the following website wordreference.com for pronunciation.
- Make sure that all group members have a speaking role.
- Be articulate, loud enough and remember to make eye contact with the audience.
- Try to make an organised, fun and enjoyable presentation.
I feel that you will really enjoy this project. However, this project will require a great deal of work on your part to complete. The more work you put into the project, the better the project will turn out. Enjoy!
Learning values of peace and participation are essential for a democratic coexistence. It is necessary to start the training in an early age at home, school and other socialization areas. Consolidating these values is vital to form sound persons who are committed on the creation of a common weal with the democratic values (solidarity, equality, coexistence in diversity, justices and freedom) in a Word with several problems.
In the point of view of Entreculturas, learning about participation means to educate people able to create a possible World we believe in. On the other hand, learning about peace creates a conception of an equal global citizen on dignity, messenger of a new social order more inclusive and sustainable. We believe in a kind of participation to make new things and convert the new problems between people and countries into peaceful ties and exchanges.